Friday, August 28, 2009

Our First Anniversary

Its been one year since this picture was taken. One year. Still hard for me to believe because it has gone by so quickly. But its just like they say, time flies when you're having fun. Maybe someday I'll be smarter than "they" are and find a way to slow down time so that I can relish even more in my new found life.

In thinking about about the last year I've come to one realization. It isn't what happens to you, or the circumstances you're given that make the difference. It's who you choose to go through these experiences with that matters. That person is the difference. I know this because it isn't like this last year was somehow easier than any other. I can think of years when I've had fewer challenges. I just never had a partner like Chad before. Someone whose fearless yet focused. Someone who doesn't worry about whether or not something can be done, but rather which way is the best way to get it done. Who understands that ultimately success or failure is unimportant if we don't come through it together.

This is the person I chose to build my life around. A person that isn't afraid of living life to its fullest, gives without expecting anything in return and always speaks from the heart. This is my wonderfully fantastic giving caring man. I am simply the lucky one.

1 comment:

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

Thank you for being such a strong, loving and supporting husband to my wonderful sister Chad. I am so happy that she finally found the right person to share her life with.